Thanksgiving Cooking Safety and the American Red Cross.

Thanksgiving Cooking Safety and the American Red Cross.


Scott Salemme, Regional CEO of the American Red Cross of the Greater Chesapeake Region said “Cooking is the number one cause of home fires, so we also have information cooks can follow to avoid a fire.”

When we come together as family and as friends to prepare the Thanksgiving meal and share in the “how to” of family recipes, it is easy to get caught up in the festive moment and to forget the potential hazards.

While cooking, remember to avoid wearing your robe, loose fitting clothing or dangling sleeves. Never leave the stove unattended, even for bathroom breaks, just turn it off. Here the American Red Cross suggests more cooking safety steps

At SERVPRO of Chesapeake North has been serving the community since 1967. We are dedicated to helping customers when disaster strikes and helping to make it “Like it never even happened.” We are ready 24/7, 365 at 757-465-9700.